Radar or no? Help judge...

Talk friendly or else...
moving_target
Chaser

Radar or no? Help judge...

Post by moving_target »

So this guy Kronik was playing on the server tonight and I just had a feeling he was hacking so I took a couple demos. It looks like he was using radar to me. If you feel bored have a look and tell me what ya think. Pay special attention to how he sometimes lines up shot through the terrain for people he can't "see" and how many invisible people he kills from afar.

First Demo
Second Demo
bionic
Chaser

Post by bionic »

No doubt in my mind that he was cheating.

I'd like to take a chance to point something out. He wasn't "hacking." Hacking is not always bad, it's just testing the limits, try to make something do something new. What is often called a "hacker" is either a script kiddie, or a cracker.
glock
Double Jumping Noobie

Post by glock »

Hmm, no doubt huh?

I surely didn't see anything abnormal with Kronik's playing skills; not botting nor did I see anything that I would consider to be cheating.

Kronik's moves are typical of a good player. His/her expectations of where the enemy would be on the map coincide with an experienced player.

The only thing that I saw upsetting was his n00b teammates trying to boost him off the map.

I watched both demos excluding the last 4 minutes of demo #2.
UTK.GENOCIDE
Hat Trick

Post by UTK.GENOCIDE »

No doube the guy radars and triggers, so obvious, he made top instagib rankings in like 3 days of playing instagib..

And umm, he taks a lot of crap and says he makes his own antitcc stuff, well going by that I say he probly makes his own aimbots.
Tizzle
iDA doormat

Post by Tizzle »

Hmm in my opinion you cant really tell anything from those demorecs. He sees invisible extremely well and shot them or at them quite a bit even if they were far away. But I know people that have made their settings so that they can see invisible really well without using anything illegal. If he was using a radar tho, it wouldnt surprise me at all. But from those demoes I couldnt tell. He even thought that RotoRooter noobie was botting. He definitely isnt trigger botting though. I dont know why someone would even think that. By the way glock, I am not sure which demo you were watching but from what I saw, it looked as if he started boosting them off first and then they retaliated. Just my 2 cents =/

By the way Genocide, calling him a botter just because he made the top of instagib rankings in 3 days is retarded. Anyone decent and with a lot of time on their hands could do that.
UTK.GENOCIDE
Hat Trick

Post by UTK.GENOCIDE »

I know^ But still seems fishy to me.

From those demorecs, I do think he uses radar and trigger....
I like the fact he can shoot his ENEMIES like 9 out of 10 shots, but when hes trying to boost people off the edge he can barely hit them, very fishy.

And like moving target said, he has wierd crosshair movement when shooting, and lines up his crosshair through the terrain to make fast/unbelievable shots. And sure these shots arent that hard to pull off, not saying your a botter if you make one of these shots, but I have never seen so many shots like this from a NON-botter.

Another thing: I was questioning kronik if he was using trigger, and he was very defensive and turned into a real dick about it. I mena whenever someone says I use a bot I either ignore them or say "whatever" but all kronik wanted to do was argue and insult everyone who was accusing him.

Bru*tal_bunny was there with me she agreed he was triggering.

Like tizzle said though, shooting invis people isnt that hard but incredibly fun. If you have graphics turned on highest you can see invis people from a pretty far distance.
moving_target
Chaser

Post by moving_target »

I took a couple more demos today with more weird shots, but I don't know if I'll post them or not. I don't go around calling every player a "cracker" but I do get a weird vibe when I play against him that no one else gives me. It's not the fact that he can shoot invisible people well, b/c most of the time I can as well, but he'll do it in one shot from across the map... sometimes at people he didn't see change and didn't fire. I don't care how you put your settings... doing that in one shot is very hard. Also there are a couple instances from speccing him that I notice things that look like toggle shots. Closest players are shot with turns to people sometimes not in view. Like that first demo where he did it and claimed it was lag... yet I didn't notice any lag in the demorec. He's very fishy... I will say that, yet I have no conclusive evidence yet.
moving_target
Chaser

Post by moving_target »

Oh... and another thing. I was there when he was talking about helping making cracks for the game. Yet he mentioned that he'd go to any server with anti-tcc or safegame to "prove" his point. I then mentioned an ex-clan member who admitted to having a bot and then joining our server with auofire on that passed both latest versions of the software. He claimed to be oblivious to such things and didn't even know that Wormbo had stopped coding anti-tcc long ago. Doesn't sound like a very good cover to me.

Anyways... I can't really blame blank name for trying to boost him off either. I've played with him many times when he's purposedly boosted me off or backward with the flag just to be an ass.
UTK.GENOCIDE
Hat Trick

Post by UTK.GENOCIDE »

SO you were retribution^ Yeah I was there when he said all that too.

Oh well in my opinion i think he does have an aimbot, no doubt.

But its up to hogswild and any other server masters to decide that for themselves.
RefleX
Godlike

Post by RefleX »

I haven't seen the demos yet but I have seen him play a bit and I have got to say that some of the shots he made were odd. He didn't move like a noob though.

All you need to get an undetectable bot is to know someone in a cheating/coding clan or have some money to spare.:wink:

In conclusion, I can't really make out if it's just the way he plays or that he has a bot or radar. He sure is suspicious...

Might be Fatal1ty aliasing.:D

Edit: After viewing the demo's, I would say he was most likely toggling, using some sort of slow aim. One question MT, how come when I record a demo, it doesn't spec the guy until the demo is almost over. Is there a trick or something to make it work right?
now playing TAM, fuck you guys and fuck instagib
UTK.GENOCIDE
Hat Trick

Post by UTK.GENOCIDE »

RefleX wrote: Edit: After viewing the demo's, I would say he was most likely toggling, using some sort of slow aim. One question MT, how come when I record a demo, it doesn't spec the guy until the demo is almost over. Is there a trick or something to make it work right?
If u record a demo I think u can changce the view of the person by clicking (when viewing the demo) I am not sure what youre saying but I think demos may also be recorded differently depending on wich version of the game you have.
RefleX
Godlike

Post by RefleX »

I use version 3355 -- Latest patch I believe.

Anyways, if you check UT stats, you'll see that Kronik changed his name, and is named ßá||à. You can tell who he is, he is about 140 matches.

If you see his Recent Matches, he just botted on uDa server, which has the latest AntiTCC. I've seen a bot used on barnburner before, the second his opponent would spawn, he would get shot instantly making it humanly impossible to get even one kill.

Sad...
moving_target
Chaser

Post by moving_target »

Hmm... not sure what your problem is reflex... I try to get in their first person view before I start my demos though.

Btw... you spec the uDa match b/c the guy could have been just AFK.
UTK.GENOCIDE
Hat Trick

Post by UTK.GENOCIDE »

Very pathetic.

Its even more pathetic when he is using those bots and no botters outscore him in many different ways.
RefleX
Godlike

Post by RefleX »

By the way he moves, I'd say he's a decent player who is most likely hacking. He is definitely not trigger botting because what a trigger bot does is shoot when the enemy is in your crosshair. A trigger bot doesn't lock on a person which makes it nearly impossible to tell if he's triggering or not unless you got a log file.

What I meant with the demos MT, was I go into first-person, then start the demorec. When I watch it though, the demo doesn't spec anyone. I'll provide an example soon.

I wasn't in the uDa server when that happened though, but a bot on barnburner would make the match results look like the guy was AFK. You can see that he wasn't because he had an efficiency. For some reason I can't get on the UT stats site at the moment.