Banning.... :(

Talk friendly or else...
MightyJoeYoung
Double Jumping Noobie

Banning.... :(

Post by MightyJoeYoung »

Well, I left the game for 3 mos to play Guild Wars and have only recently returned to find that I have been banned from IDA. I have no idea why since no one brought it to my attention that it was imminent. First of all, banning should be reserved by the admin to get rid of the moron botters. Second, it could be used if you have a player that consistently disrupts play of the game... (i.e. boosts others off on purpose, constant name calling and ranting/spamming). Although I think kicking is more appropriate. Banning for sniping, or any other part of the game is ridiculous. Sniping may be annoying, but its part of a map that is open like faceclassic etc. Try playing on a map with 10 vs 10 and zoom instagib rifles. Then you will understand sniping. I play on IDA occasionally just for the fun of it. You should be encouraging better players to come to the server so the new players can learn. When I started IG in my noob days. I got destroyed too. But I never jumped to the immediate conclusion the other player were botting. GreyDeath and BooBooKittyFock and Balrog used to come in and rock my world in the beginning. I just tried to get better. I spectated them to learn how to move and dodge and shoot. I don't bot nor have I ever botted. I have never even looked for a bot. Well, I said my piece...
RefleX
Godlike

Post by RefleX »

Your IP starts with 24.8., I remember UTK Genocide getting banned a couple days ago by Rookie or Final I think and banned that range...

I removed the ban, I hope whoever banned Genocide doesn't object to this.

BTW, I am almost positive that no one in iDA thinks you bot.
now playing TAM, fuck you guys and fuck instagib
MightyJoeYoung
Double Jumping Noobie

Post by MightyJoeYoung »

Thx...

Post by Guest »

Yea. No one banned you. You just got "lucky" your ip range coincided with an ip range ban.
As for what you said about banning snipers just read the other posts about this. Unlike others, sniping is not all you do.

And btw not everyone has the persevarance you had. That is why you reached the level you are now. As you know, on demo servers, most people are below average playing. And the popularity of the server is on the hands of these below average players.
°CäP°R4
Chaser

Post by °CäP°R4 »

And the popularity of the server is on the hands of these below average players.
Huh why would anybody go to play in a server where everybody sucks i go to ida becuase of all the good people u find there.

Post by Guest »

°CäP°R4 wrote:
And the popularity of the server is on the hands of these below average players.
Huh why would anybody go to play in a server where everybody sucks i go to ida becuase of all the good people u find there.
Who is saying that? No one said all there was in ida server were people who suck.
°CäP°R4
Chaser

Post by °CäP°R4 »

nvm!!!! my bad!!!

i was just saying stuff, pointing out that ida has a lot of very good players that play there even though they all alias!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to fight I get enough of that on other forums.

:dance:

Post by Guest »

°CäP°R4 wrote:nvm!!!! my bad!!!

i was just saying stuff, pointing out that ida has a lot of very good players that play there even though they all alias!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to fight I get enough of that on other forums.

:dance:
you are right. But for sure there are more people who are below average than people who are really good.
°CäP°R4
Chaser

Post by °CäP°R4 »

yea there is more people who are not so good then good like me :mrgreen: