ROFL, I got banned for "botting"

Talk friendly or else...
TheRedPhoenix
Cute Little Blue Humming Bird

ROFL, I got banned for "botting"

Post by TheRedPhoenix »

GG... I was playing as walkdsad or something like that, and I killed some guy named "." while he was invisible. They said "nice bot" before even speccing me. Obviously thinking it was some random noob thinking I was botting, I replied with "thx". They told me I was going to be banned, so I replied "okay".

I love admins.

and finally, here is the match where I got B& in:

http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/matchs ... h=17250618
Last edited by TheRedPhoenix on Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RefleX
Godlike

Post by RefleX »

FREE TRP!
now playing TAM, fuck you guys and fuck instagib

Re: ROFL, I got banned for "botting"

Post by Guest »

TheRedPhoenix wrote:GG... I was playing as walkdsad or something like that, and I killed some guy named "." while he was invisible. They said "nice bot" before even speccing me. Obviously thinking it was some random noob thinking I was botting, I replied with "thx". They told me I was going to be banned, so I replied "okay".

I love admins.

BTW: Whoever banned me is a pure idiot. At least spec before doing so. Just because I kill you while you're invisible by changing my gamma higher, doesn't mean I'm botting.

LMAO
that was you?? Lol
I always say stuff like "nice bot" as a way of getting a clue if the person bots or not. I didnt really think you were botting, but when you said "thx" i was like: lol...he even admits to it. You just sounded like a noob testing his bot. My bad TRP! You know I like you :wink:
and plz...no more noobish aliases. :smashfreak:
TheRedPhoenix

Re: ROFL, I got banned for "botting"

Post by TheRedPhoenix »

{iDA}Rookie wrote:
TheRedPhoenix wrote:GG... I was playing as walkdsad or something like that, and I killed some guy named "." while he was invisible. They said "nice bot" before even speccing me. Obviously thinking it was some random noob thinking I was botting, I replied with "thx". They told me I was going to be banned, so I replied "okay".

I love admins.

BTW: Whoever banned me is a pure idiot. At least spec before doing so. Just because I kill you while you're invisible by changing my gamma higher, doesn't mean I'm botting.

LMAO
that was you?? Lol
I always say stuff like "nice bot" as a way of getting a clue if the person bots or not. Nice contradicting yourself there. I didnt really think you were botting, but when you said "thx" i was like: lol...he even admits to it. You just sounded like a noob testing his bot. My bad TRP! You know I like you :wink:
and plz...no more noobish aliases. :smashfreak:
The game has changed, and it has affected the last remaining people left. I don't blame you for banning me during that time though, I mean, I've played about 5-6 games while I've been back, and 3 of them had bots in them. Even then, some people have actually accepted bots. I remember the first game I played when I came back, and I KNEW the guy was botting. I mean, I had a demo rec and everything, but people just said "who cares?" It's gotten so bad to a point that people just don't care about it anymore. It may be only on the demo server, and you can go ahead and call me a demo noob, but then again, I would call a person a demo noob too. If you would like to know why I play demo, here's why:

I'm not supposed to be playing games on the computer anyways. My brother gets me xbox, ps2, psp, gamecube, etc., consoles like that just so I won't play computer games. He has some idea that computer games screw up the computer some how. Even then, I still pretty much play UT a lot, whether it be demo or something like that.

I'm the youngest in my family, so I get things last. My parents have their own computer, and my brother's each have their own. So I have to like share. I would be playing UT 2004 online more, if it wasn't for the fact that it uses up the bandwidth. My brother hosts some website of his on the Internet connection, so yeah, sucks for me.

Until I get my own computer (should be soon... hopefully), I'm stuck like this, secretly playing video games no matter how stupid that sounds. Now that I've told you why I insist on sticking to demo even though it's "only 9 dollars at newegg.com with free shipping), I have to do so. It sucks having computer literate siblings who don't care for games.

Great, now I look like a loser, but yeah, that's my reason why I play demo even though no one asked. I just remember I was on the iDA server today and I think 3Day and someone else (breeze?), were joking about how iP only has 3 people with full. I WAS NOT... I REPEAT NOT OFFENDED AT ALL!

So yeah, don't think I bot because I stick to demo... I have a sort-of reason.

If you ever thought, or still think that I bot. Go eat some shit.
Last edited by TheRedPhoenix on Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

You dont get my point do you?
WHen Reflex accused a certain person of botting that person never admitted to it. That person never said stuff like "thanks".
You would be surprised how many botter just admit out loud that they bot. Many times I have spectated a REAL botter and said "nice bot" and they just answered "thanks" just like you.

And it seems that again someone has bad mouthed me to his friends. You obviously have shit against me and i wonder why (i really dont, cause i know why). Before you take sides phoenix, try to hear it from both sides, not from just one side.

And no man. I dont think you bot and never did. Read my post right. I didnt know it was you and when i said "nice bot" I was just trying to get a reaction. I DID NOT THINK YOU WERE BOTTING. Ever heard of trash talking?
Also, if the police were accusing you of a crime, would you admit to it? Course not. If you did you'd pay dearly for it.

ALso...you are getting a little paranoid. I dunno what did that. Maybe someone (yea you know who he is) talking shit to you about ida or something else.
MAtrix was not dissing ip for only having 3 members. We were actually setting up a scrim with ip and he informed me that ip had 3 members on full, so ip would need some subs.

And plz..."banning any members who shot them"? You know...if you are going to make an argument dont be ignorant about it. Exaggerations aren't helpful. If we actually did that, the server would be empty.

What pisses me off is that you form your opinions based on one side of the story. Im pretty disappointed.
Tizzle
iDA doormat

Post by Tizzle »

lol...Rookie..you and Habibi would have the best rant warz in history!
breeze
Slick Pothead

Post by breeze »

dude's keep the posts to a limit of 200 characters.

If i want to read a book i would go to a library. :mrgreen:
RefleX
Godlike

Post by RefleX »

I was pubbing in CS the other day and this guy named "embalmer" was clearly using auto-aim with anti-recoil. Everyone kept accusing me of walling instead of the OBVIOUS cheater.

The morale of this story was that the gaming community is very uneducated in general. Has nothing to do with your situation with Rookie or this whole ban issue.

Hope you get unbanned though, if not already.

/rant

Post by Guest »

RefleX wrote:I was pubbing in CS the other day and this guy named "embalmer" was clearly using auto-aim with anti-recoil. Everyone kept accusing me of walling instead of the OBVIOUS cheater.

The morale of this story was that the gaming community is very uneducated in general. Has nothing to do with your situation with Rookie or this whole ban issue.

Hope you get unbanned though, if not already.

/rant
has nothing to do with this situation yet you post here. funny...
these personal anecdotes arent too good cause obviously we cant tell if it's true, accurate, biased, etc. You get my point.
But the msg you want to give from this anecdote is quite true.
You are right about the gaming community not knowing much. It may even apply to your own personal anecdote to your own accusation. But yea...most people dont know much, especially kids who cant objectively analyze people playing and actually accuse without spectating. As i said, there is a diff between talking trash and actually accusing.
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

breeze wrote:dude's keep the posts to a limit of 200 characters.

If i want to read a book i would go to a library. :mrgreen:
Agree. I thought I was a post champion, but I was wrong. Can we just unban Phoenix and let admins alone?
RefleX
Godlike

Post by RefleX »

Breeze said it the best.

Post by Guest »

RefleX wrote:Breeze said it the best.
no one is forcing you to read. Just dont click on this thread. Not that hard.
Dont click on this thread to make posts that have "nothing" to do with this situation. If you dont wanna read this, why click here and post something that isn't even related to this? Quite weird.
PS:Breeze was actually kidding.
RefleX
Godlike

Post by RefleX »

Are you trying to start something again, because if you're trying to get me "mad", it won't work, trust me. ;)

FYI, I KNOW it had NOTHING to do with the situation, but TRP mentioned something about the community, and I was REPLYING to it, except with a similar experience I had - so you can CALM DOWN, forum nazi.

Here is what I was replying to so you can sleep easy:
TheRedPhoenix wrote:The game has changed, and it has affected the last remaining people left. I don't blame you for banning me during that time though, I mean, I've played about 5-6 games while I've been back, and 3 of them had bots in them. Even then, some people have actually accepted bots. I remember the first game I played when I came back, and I KNEW the guy was botting. I mean, I had a demo rec and everything, but people just said "who cares?" It's gotten so bad to a point that people just don't care about it anymore.
Funny how you mentioned being disappointed in TRP for only seeing one side of the story and then exaggerating, but I think I remember you getting mad at me for accusing you that one time BEFORE you heard my side of the story. </hypocrite>

Now that I have said what was on my mind, I suggest seeing a psychiatrist, believe me, it'll help. :mrgreen:
TheRedPhoenix

Post by TheRedPhoenix »

Okay... seems that what I wanted did not happen, and what I didn't want happened. First off, about the flex thing, that is a situation that I do not care about, and I only put it there because I am a fucking idiot. Next, whatever you say about me, DOES NOT OFFEND ME AT ALL. The only reason I actually talked about the iP having 3 full members was to talk about me, and how I don't have full. I was trying to explain my reasoning behind that just for your future reference. THAT'S IT, NOTHING ELSE. Seriously. Rookie, I never hated you. I do not hate you now. Seriously, if you got that info from my post, then I'll delete it. You, odi, and RefleX were one of the first people I met on iDA demo, I DO NOT HATE YOU! You're one of the cool guys.

The reason I said "thx" when you said that I bot, is because I get that a lot. Rather then say, "rofl dude I don't bot". I just say "thx", because it's much easier than freaking out about it.

Next, about the bannings, I'm sorry about that. I got carried away just because I was in the high of the moment and all of the shit people told me about iDA got to me, and I let it become semi-real in my mind. I won't let it happen again. iDA is the ONLY server I play on because in other places I can't tell the admin that they suck without getting banned <_< >_>.

About you and Reflex, I don't really care about the story, and I don't want to know about the story. So please, sit down and talk about it with each other rather than just secretly hate each other all the time only to take swings at each other when no one is looking.

My post was talking about the situation in UT where there are so many bots that people just don't care about them anymore, and how they let them slide. I was saying that I understand why you banned me, because if I was in your situation, I probably would have done the same thing.

Part of the reason I made this stupid topic was because I was mad that my streak of NEVER getting banned from an iDA server was over.

To end it off, <33333 wookie.

<3 rookie.

<3 iDA.
Captain_Herb
Backshooter

Post by Captain_Herb »

Damn Phoenix, You got some skill at writing these posts. Keep them coming :P