Hogs........

Talk friendly or else...
slinky
UT nerd

Post by slinky »

Glad you enjoy the bots... they keep attracting players so its never really just bots. I modded those mutators to make some interesting add-ons.
-Each bot has its own skill level, makes it more interesting with bots with different abilities... otherwise 5 on 5 with godlike bots it boring... but 1-2 godlike can make it fun when mixed with other bots. BTW, all bots are named after UT2003 LGI Homelan / San Jose 1 server regulars, I adjusted the bots level accordingly... based on how those players played back then.
-Also, if a bots warns you that he will turn his bot on... beware cause he actually does as he then becomes godlike. Another little addition I made.

They are still just bots and I wish I could make them move better. Overall it's the mapper's fault if bots play stupidly on maps. Most maps are not even bot pathed properly for LGI... resulting in bots not doing stuff real players do. Just check my version of Citadel... they do most of the trick jumps players will do, I remade all bot pathing from scratch. Still working on other maps, including Face3 as the bots are terribly boring on that one in LGI.
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

Nice work. Though I don't like idea of bot like bot with 100% accuracy. :) Can you fix Gia's version of Bridge so bots will have several alternative routes over the bridge? Because now they go stright line in the middle of the bridge.
slinky
UT nerd

Post by slinky »

100hogs wrote:Nice work. Though I don't like idea of bot like bot with 100% accuracy. :) Can you fix Gia's version of Bridge so bots will have several alternative routes over the bridge? Because now they go stright line in the middle of the bridge.
Already done... check the version I run on the |FtP|server... I redid bot pathing from scratch. Now they take the low route and make all jumps across platforms... they also jump from the towers and dodge on the bridge. Also fixed the water so that it kills players that fall down and optimized a bit performance wise.

I made a few custom versions for LGI... citadel... bridge... romra... tombofunknown... mostly to change bot pathing but also correcting symmetry at times. Also have a number in progress, including face3, bloodgultch, ...
breeze
Slick Pothead

Post by breeze »

I got some requests slinky :humbly:

You said you made Bridge?

Bridge
Definate Chance
Crator

slinky
UT nerd

Post by slinky »

breeze wrote:I got some requests slinky :humbly:

You said you made Bridge?

Bridge
Definate Chance
Crator

I did not 'create' bridge... Map existed, GIA removed inside base and made outside bases. I was tired of seeing bots walking on maps I played... so I modified a couple glitches and made bot pathing for LGI.

What do you want with those maps you list?
RefleX
Godlike

Post by RefleX »

Slinky that server freaked me out at first. TheWind was GODLIKE!!! :D
now playing TAM, fuck you guys and fuck instagib
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

Breeze meant that he wanted CTF-DefiniteChance (original map was misspelled like I typed it) from UT99 remade for UT2k4. I saw couple versions of Crater made for 2k4. Can't say how good they are since we've not played them much.

Post by Guest »

Hey slinky
I cant join your server anymore. It starts downloading ons textures and it refuses to send it to me.
slinky
UT nerd

Post by slinky »

{iDA}Rookie wrote:Hey slinky
I cant join your server anymore. It starts downloading ons textures and it refuses to send it to me.
I installed patch 3369 on the server. I am not sure if it changed anything on the texture side... But I do not redirect any of the 3369 / bonus packs (ECE) / etc. files.
Last edited by slinky on Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slinky
UT nerd

Post by slinky »

RefleX wrote:Slinky that server freaked me out at first. TheWind was GODLIKE!!! :D
TheWind was an alias of MJY back then... He did not tell us for weeks that it was him.

I need to lower the number of bots that become godlike cause on long games, they can endup all being godlike, which is a major pain. I joined a Romra game that had already lasted 3 hours with the top bots scoring 5000 points. Took me a while to make the cap for the 1 - 0 win in overtime!
slinky
UT nerd

Post by slinky »

:boobies:
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

I imagine Breeze drooling all over his keyboard now. :mrgreen:

I just tried this map and it looks and feels exactly like original. Good job!
breeze
Slick Pothead

Post by breeze »

YES THATS THE ONE!!!! ehhhhhhhhhhhhhaaahhhhh :mrgreen: pwease someone make :dance:

I just noticed what hogs posted...its made already?
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

Yes, it's on FTP server.
slinky
UT nerd

Post by slinky »

breeze wrote:I just noticed what hogs posted...its made already?
If you look carefully at the screenshot... its the UT2K4 HUD there... :wink:

I made a few adjustments from Hogs feedback and I ended up making 2 versions... LGI and a RG version that can be used with weapons. The LGI version cannot be used in RG weps with bots as the bots will miss all jumps and die.

I will post a link later if I complete it today but for now, the first version is on rotation on FtP server, keep it in your cache as if I upload a new version, it will automatically download it. If you move it to your maps folder it will conflict when I add the latest and greatest to the server.

Its a fun map, I like it a lot.