epiphany :)

Talk friendly or else...
¨°Tr¡P-^-TöN¡ç°¨
Double Jumping Noobie

epiphany :)

Post by ¨°Tr¡P-^-TöN¡ç°¨ »

sup guys. I had a good talk with 3 day today and i realized some shit that should have been common sense. I think that iDA is one of the most talented clans in ut, and will probably stay that way as long as u guys want.

I don't know for sure if I ever was actually in iDA, but i just want you guys to know, that as of now, I am no longer interested. (I'm sure you'll be just fine with out me, lol) I enjoy playing exactly the way i feel like playing when i'm on, an i don't think that makes me much of a soldier, or team player for that matter.

Also, i'm no longer going to be forcing skins all the time when i play; I'm sick of the ownage race. I'm just going to take my game down a notch and just play for fun awhile. I'll always be a friend to iDA, and if there is ever anything i can do for you guys, just let me know. :hello:
-much respect-
---tHë_pH@gë-¨°Tr¡P-^-TöN¡ç°¨-/\nT¡°çhr¡sT---
Tizzle
iDA doormat

Post by Tizzle »

Whats wrong with forcing skins?
[MD] > *!

Post by Guest »

Well...better this than the other way around. I started to notice some problems but i just kept quiet. Either way, what I expected to happen happened. Certainly it was for the best of both sides.
Thanks for the interest in trying to join iDA :cheers:
Lethal
Hat Trick

Post by Lethal »

Ok, i have some questions.. What is forcing skins and radar? is forcing skins like where people cant realy go invisable? and what is radar?
blahblahblahblahblah

Post by Guest »

FOrcing skin is where you see everyone's skin as the one you are using. So if you use the big fat gorge you will see everyone as gorge.
Radar is where you can see everyone's location even though you cant seem them. So you can see someone through walls and so on.
Odibil
Don't Boost Me Biatch!

Post by Odibil »

Botting, Radaring, Player Highlighting, and Forcing Skins.

Botting uses third-party software to lock/aim onto opponents (hence "aim-bot") so that the user only has to fire. Trigger-botting is the opposite of an aim-bot, and forces the user to aim, while the bot fires when the target has been "aquired." Toggling uses both methods, only the user tries to hide their bot by turning it on and off to make it look more authentic. This is cheating. No debate.

Radaring uses third-party software to show the position of all players, either using a map or character flag. This is cheating. No debate.

Player Highlighting is built into the UT interface (INI), and basically gives a team-distinct glow to the opposing team so that they are easy to spot. This is client-side only. Cheating is debatable.

Forcing Skins is built into the UT interface (INI), and gives the user the option of forcing everyone else to appear to use the same as themselves. Most people who force skins use Gorge (male) and Rylisa (female) so that everyone is equally visible. Cheating is debatable.

I personally use Force Skins because -- yes -- it does make me a much better player. I don't have to rely on my vision to adjust to my 15.9" viewable screen, low graphics, and completely dimished texture quality; I can simply make everyone equal with an edit to my INI file.
Last edited by Odibil on Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odi starring as {iDA}!ÖMG!

Lineage: Odibil, Odigib, !ÖMG!, and !öhmygod!
Aliases: <3, ClöckwörkÖrange, HAXtotheMAX
Lethal
Hat Trick

Post by Lethal »

so thats why all of you bastards play as jugarnauts :roll: :spank:
blahblahblahblahblah

Post by Guest »

I dont :D
RefleX
Godlike

Post by RefleX »

I play the same with or without force skins, sometimes even better without. But I hate being shot by a Matrix skin and don't know where they are, I kind of have bad vision, so I use force skins. Force skins is in no way cheating, nor is it an exploit, it was made to be used.

BTW Odi, Triggerbotting is actually when the user has to put their crosshair over someone then it would shoot, usually used among clanners. It is usually accompanied by some other features like ping correction and radar. Toggling would be turning a bot on and off, but only stupid demo noobs do that, not realizing how easy it is to spot.
now playing TAM, fuck you guys and fuck instagib
¨°Tr¡P-^-TöN¡ç°¨
Double Jumping Noobie

:) i never said there is anything wrong with forcing skins. I just don't want to give people excuses of why I do well. personally i think i got a little too much into this game.... its fun as hell, and the recognition can be satisfying... But I don't think i'm into commiting to a certain standard that ida represents... i mean, maybe that is part of the reason people alias alot too.. i donno... just bullshittin.. anyhow, i'll see you guys on the field ;)
later! :D

Post by Guest »

The standards we set are for your own good :D
3day told me what you were doing and people who usually do that cant play for shit in serious games. Believe me...I'd love to just do that too. In fact i used to do it, but it hurt my game bad. You may call yourself good, but for us we see you as good only on demo. I think you'll agree to it if you look back to when you played me 1on1 in full or when you played with us 5on5 in full.
That's why we set some standards. But hey...If you are just playing for fun play for fun :cheers:
Lethal
Hat Trick

Post by Lethal »

I seirously wonder how many people on demo fake the funk now. :( i want to see some of these guys turn the crap off so i can :hump: Image
I guess all they're doing is hurting themselfs in the long run, and making me alittle better. [/img]
blahblahblahblahblah
Lyfe
Hat Trick

Post by Lyfe »

Should I be aware of "these" standards, because I am soo lost right now.

Post by Guest »

Lyfe wrote:Should I be aware of "these" standards, because I am soo lost right now.
You are aware, but since you are a natural you just dont know you are "aware" hehe :mrgreen: . But yea...If you dont hear it from us about these standards it's because you already meet these standards. :humbly:
¨°Tr¡P-^-TöN¡ç°¨
Double Jumping Noobie

Rookie, your absolutely right :) And btw I ment I play "good" meaning, above average, not great.. just good lol. As for the 5 on 5 thing, with the exception of the first game, I did just as good as some ida members on maps i've hardly even played before, while i had a 1 year old bouncing on my lap :D; but again had i practiced full maps more often, instead of mostly demo noobing than ya, i would have done much better. I also am fully aware that snipe raping is a totally asshole thing to do, and I admit i've pushed the envelope on it the past 2 weeks making it become somewhat of a "bad habit" (habits that carried over from being in UTK lol). And like you said, I think most players get to that point sooner or later just because it is a totally different aspect of the game to play. But for the record, i'm not trying to join ida because of sniping, I'm just trying to ween myself off being on this game every chance i get, and I know if I were to join ida, it would just get me all pumped up to play and practice even more. Shit, see now just talking about this crap is going to make me go play a few rounds now rofl!

Is it just me?
Or does this guy look like he just got kicked in the nuts? -> :shock: