My gallery (www.pictures2.com) is finished

Talk friendly or else...
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

My gallery (www.pictures2.com) is finished

Post by 100hogs »

Hi guys,

I finally finished working on my gallery web site dedicated to my hobby. Initially I just wanted to share my pictures with friends. Eventually I had to extend gallery, added news thread on the front page, improved navigation, added a guest book/forums.
Any comments are welcome. URL is http://www.pictures2.com
bRuce_Lee
I wanna be cool!

Post by bRuce_Lee »

i like some of those scenery pics, gj

PICT0072_8_50_v3
and
PICT1921_3_50 are nice
J1
Spawnkiller

Post by J1 »

wow - some good photography there Hogs. Nice work!
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

Thank you guys.

This PICT1921 was redone today. I messed up color space in Photoshop and green colors came out dull
Tizzle
iDA doormat

Post by Tizzle »

That's some really nice work. How long have you been taking classes for it??
[MD] > *!
breeze
Slick Pothead

Post by breeze »

Hey Hogs...nice album :D

Are most of these pics from the minolta 5d? or all?

I was wondering if you could take a picture of some drapery when you have time. Prefably white drapery at the highest quality raw file and send it to me please? I just want to see the PS res and quality before i purchase a camera. Ty!!
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

Tizzle wrote:That's some really nice work. How long have you been taking classes for it??
Thanks. I did not take classes though I wanted to take some. Especially studio and portrait master classes. I made new friends among semi-pro photographers that helped me to some extent and I'm learning from works of others. You can find a lot of info with basics on-line and in books.

Breeze, I wish I had white drapers available. I'll see what I can do. Yes, most of those pictures are taken with Minolta 5D. I would not rush buying it until Sony's announcements about the future of Minolta compatible lenses and accessories.
If you concern about sharpness and resolutioin you should look at high end prosumer non DSLR cameras like Sony R1 and similar stuff from Fuji, Panasonic and Samsung. They all have default aggressive sharpening algorithms and they beat DSLR's in megapixel department. But they can't beat DSLR's at noise. Also you'll have to purchase expensive lenses if your goal is sharpness. I have couple pictures taken with 2 different lenses: 1) kit lens that came with camera and another one with more expensive 28-75 f2.8 lens. Difference is visible with eye without magnifcation.
Last edited by 100hogs on Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
breeze
Slick Pothead

Post by breeze »

Thanks Hogs :)