My graphics card is screwed

Talk friendly or else...
Lethal
Hat Trick

My graphics card is screwed

Post by Lethal »

It does that but it blurs everything in and freezes constantly after a game to warm it up. XFX better give me a new card :shock:
blahblahblahblahblah
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

Is it 6600GT?
Lethal
Hat Trick

Post by Lethal »

6800gt agp
blahblahblahblahblah
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

I have similar card (6600GT AGP) and I had to downclock it to make it work right. It used to hang and malfunction even in 2d desktop mode. XFX AGP cards are POS.
Lethal
Hat Trick

Post by Lethal »

here is a better example of what its doing. I would down clock it, but I want to see what XFX does about it first. With their "Double Lifetime Warranty". Eventhough I'll most likley end up having to get a pci-e board and a 939 processor.. :(
blahblahblahblahblah
Lethal
Hat Trick

Post by Lethal »

its ambient temp is 76ºC. Im going to load it by playing some more unreal and monitor the temp.
blahblahblahblahblah
Lethal
Hat Trick

Post by Lethal »

Anyone want hambugers? I've fired up the graphics card :smashfreak:
blahblahblahblahblah
Cake
Wicked Sick!

Post by Cake »

put some ice in your cd drive.
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

Looks like XFX uses cheapo fans. I did not do that myself, but you can try to replace it yourself or send the card back to the manufacturer. I was just too lazy to replace mine. Anyway, I'm going to replace whole system eventually.
alpha
Spawnkiller

Post by alpha »

Um, there's likely too much dust in the sink or the heatsink is making poor contact with the core. Extended usage at those temps probably damaged the core, you can try reapplying thermal paste to the core and mounting the heatsink with screws and nuts to attain better contact.
Lethal
Hat Trick

Post by Lethal »

alpha wrote:Um, there's likely too much dust in the sink or the heatsink is making poor contact with the core. Extended usage at those temps probably damaged the core, you can try reapplying thermal paste to the core and mounting the heatsink with screws and nuts to attain better contact.
There's no dust, fan is working fine. I never took the heatsink all of the way off to see if its making good contact, as that would void my warranty. I'm betting on a shitty resistor letting to much power through. The shitty thing is, I bought this card because it was the highest rated :roll:
blahblahblahblahblah
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

Yeh, XFX cards usually score high in tests. But it's probably because of overclocking. There're no miracles here. You get what you pay for. They're usually cheaper than competition.