gg!

Talk friendly or else...
s!n7
Camper

gg!

Post by s!n7 »

Is anyone playing the free f.e.a.r. combat game? The game play kinda reminds me of cs:s, but at the same time I was never big on cs, so I am not really in the position to judge. The game is a lot of fun and most of the time when you die, you know it was a mistake on your behalf like not being aware of the bastard next to you shooting at your head and not some bastard that downloaded some extra help. The only down side to the game is that the required specs are really high and as a result, I have it set up to look like original doom to get more than 30 fps at all times. Other than that, the community is still in its infancy with a lot of people playing at all times. I can find games at 8 am which is surprising since I am used to ut people who have jobs and go to school and the like. Well, give it a go if you like realistic games, action packed games or if you have a really good computer. I have been playing the game for two days and so far I gotten my ass kicked most of the time, but I enjoyed it.

The link to the game is http://www.joinfear.com/main
Briggs
Chaser

Post by Briggs »

I'm dying to play it, but i downloaded the single-player demo a while back and could hardly run it on the lowest settings. Which is funny, because the lowest settings look worse than unreal and call of duty.

When i get a new computer, expect to see me on there.
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

Happy New Year sin!

Rob AKA Vicious wrote about FEAR in public and our members section about 6 months ago. :P I believe he's still playing it.
s!n7
Camper

Post by s!n7 »

Hogs, they just released a free multiplayer only version with in the last week or so. It plays all the multiplayer maps in the retail version and all the modes, like dm, tdm, ctf and some other crap. And they even gave it a new name, f.e.a.r. combat. So, in a sense you are correct, it is an old game (six months), but now that it is free you can join me for some dm and not worry about wasting any money.
Briggs
Chaser

Post by Briggs »

I bet the people who bought F.E.A.R for multiplayer are regretting it now.
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

Oh ok. Missed the part about free multiplayer thing. Yeh, people with full version must regret now.
s!n7
Camper

Post by s!n7 »

I paid the full price for ut2004 and I will be happy if epic gives it away. That way I'd have someone to play with. The fear community was dying much the same way the ut2004 had been dying for the last year or so. Sierra chose to do something about it and now it will thrive because, in general, people like the game. Of those, many will not become hardcore players, but some will. In the end, it sucks for those that bought the game to play multiplayer, but they will be better off with many noobs playing on their servers.

The only thing I can compare it to is going to the theater to watch a movie, and then a year later everyone watches it on television.
KamiKaZe
iDA doormat

Post by KamiKaZe »

kicking ppl in the head is what makes that game fun
Briggs
Chaser

Post by Briggs »

s!n7 wrote: The only thing I can compare it to is going to the theater to watch a movie, and then a year later everyone watches it on television.

Like Bubble. The movie released on TV and Theaters at the same time, and DVD a week later. came out a few months ago i think.
s!n7
Camper

Post by s!n7 »

Hogs, we are going to have to use your smarts to make an instagib mod for this fear game. As far as I know, you will have to make big bright skins, make the type-7 rifle shoot colored beams, add boosting, low gravity, and most importantly add dodging. I am sure if you start now, you can have it done before ut2007 comes out. It will be different, but will probably be reminiscent of ut99.

Kicking people in the head is lame now, but give me some time. Today, I was happy when I put the guns butt to some duckers head.