Central Servers are going down!

Talk friendly or else...
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Central Servers are going down!

Post by 100hogs »

I'm really sad to announce the closure of the Face Only and Old School servers.
They've been running for 3.5 years and survived many other servers. :)
The box is underpowered to host new type of games. So it's become pretty much useless. At the same time, I've already moved my and ida web projects to another hosting and paying for new game hosting just does not make sense to me.

Uptime for this box is remarkable. Current uptime shows 270 days. Hard to beat. Back in 2005 the box ran for more than a year without reboot. Thanks to ThePlanet DC and its super reliable network and hardware.

Face Only server has been very popular throughout all these years. It was the first LGI demo (thanks 3Day and Vicious for switching it to LGI from ONS permanently) and the place where many new people were turned to the dark side of LGI. :) It's currently 9th server in UT2004 list. ONS demo was a birthplace of many clans as well. And people still have good memories about it.
Thanks all people who donated money to support all our servers. I'm afraid to miss somebody but here's the list: MasterOfReality (special thanks for initial server setup), Ignat (he does not play UT, but sponsored his time and money to the server), T-mud, Architeuthis, HDs, Term2, fightingmink, kaisersoze, Sergeant Zim, Breeze, J1 (big thanks for generous donation in July that kept server going), Menace. 3Day, Rookie, Primalrage and many other spent a lot of time updating and admining servers. Big thanks to them!
At one point we had at least 7 simultaneously running servers. It would not be possible without help from all you guys. Either you were an admin, spent time on updating and tweaking, playing there or just ranting about lag. You were all of help.
Me and my friends will be definitely interested to try out UT3 when it comes out. So expect new iDA servers in the future. Not sure if it's going to be a hosted or fully dedicated server like Face Only has been. To be honest, dedicated servers are much fun but they're also a lot of work especially when you're all on your own.

P.S. Almost forgot. Teamspeak and Ventrilo servers will go down as well.
P.P.S. Servers will go down on May 1st.
Last edited by 100hogs on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Menace
Broadband fragger

Post by Menace »

Yeah good memories on these servers. :cry: to bad they have to go.
Athlom
Double Jumping Noobie

Post by Athlom »

Believe it or not iDA FaceOnly Server was the first server i played on.
Hell it used to be the only one. XD
Good times on both servers, just too bad they had to go.

:cheers:
Instince
Backshooter

Post by Instince »

ill remember all those bans :cry:
J1
Spawnkiller

Post by J1 »

thx Hogs for keeping it going as long as you did. Many good memories of the Face server. Looking forward to some UT3 fun when it comes out - even if my ping is 200+ :)

cheers,
J1
Deadly Assassin
Fragwhore

Post by Deadly Assassin »

What about ts?
~Deadly Assassin~
Deadly Assassin
Fragwhore

Post by Deadly Assassin »

double post ftw, we had ventrillo? um and i didnt know....
~Deadly Assassin~
100hogs
Extra Sexy Admin

Post by 100hogs »

Deadly Assassin wrote:double post ftw, we had ventrillo? um and i didnt know....
Yeh, since 2004 year I think. :) I've updated it a couple of times since then. There were people from ut99 community who used it.
Athlom
Double Jumping Noobie

Post by Athlom »

Deadly Assassin wrote:What about ts?
Pretty sure that went down with the servers.
I havn't been on it in like a week. haha